I have been nominated by Andrea at: http://www.showloveloud.com. Thanks for the nomination!
The Liebster Award is a virtual award which welcomes new bloggers to the blogging community. It is given to bloggers who have been in the blog world for less than 2 years and have fewer then 1000 followers. It allows us to support other new bloggers while introducing others to new blogs.
First, I have to answer questions about me that were asked by my nominator and then I will link to my nominations with questions for them. Yes, it is a bit like a chain letter. Okay, let’s get going.
- What is the number one thing on your “bucket list?” I would love to go to a taping of Let’s Make a Deal!
- Do you want to have any(more) kids? I would like to have one more, but not for a couple years.
- If you could be in any profession and be very successful in it what would it be? (you cant say blogger! hehe) Well my blogging makes zero money, so that’s out. If I can’t pick my actual profession (teaching), then I think I would own a bakery. I love baked goods so much I would probably eat them instead of selling them. So no money there either… better stick to teaching.
- What is your favorite animal and why? Aside from my dog, I really love gerbils. I have had about 10 of them. For the unfamiliar, they are like smarter hamsters with long tails, but they are not nocturnal.
- Who inspired you to create your blog? My son and dog inspire the subject matter, obviously, but I actually started my blog because of a university professor of mine. I just finished a Masters in Community Music degree (Yes, it’s a real degree.) and we had to blog as part of a course. Without that experience I never would have thought of writing a blog.
- What’s one thing your reader might not know about you? I feel like my readers probably know way too much about me now. Haha. Hmm, I was an extra in a Bollywood movie in 2009 called Kismat Konnection. I am in the movie for approximately 12 seconds in the background on a streetcar, but I made 100 bucks, so sweet!
- What’s the last thing you read? I used to read so much more than I do now that the baby has arrived. Now I can only get through a book if I listen to it as an audio book. I just finished “Why Not Me?” by Mindy Kaling. It was excellent!
- If you could live anywhere else where would it be? Probably Munich, Germany. We went on vacation there a few years ago. Okay, I don’t speak German, but I just really love the city. The history, culture and outdoor spaces are so great.
- What is your favorite scripture/quote? “Where words fail, music speaks.” Hans Christian Andersen
- Name something you could eat everyday. Pasta. Or cake. Can I have both?
- Music artist/band that could never do wrong in your eyes. (aka your favourite) I don’t really have an all-time favourite. Some of my current favourites include Lake Street Dive, Queen, Eisley and my awesome friend Ashleen’s band The Devil’s Drink.
- Why did the chicken cross the road? (BONUS!) Because he pressed the walk signal, but then realized that he didn’t actually need to cross. Unfortunately, there was now a crowd by the crosswalk button and he was too embarassed to leave.
Rules for the Liebster Award:
- Thank the blog that nominated you on a post in your blog.
- Answer the questions asked by the blog that nominated you.
- Nominate 5 other new bloggers.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media.
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- What is your favourite book?
- Describe your dream vacation.
- If you could have any super power, what would it be?
- What is your favourite dessert?
- If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Do you have any pets?
- What is the coolest thing you have ever done?
- Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
- What is the best thing you have ever eaten?
- Is there anything that you heard as a kid that you believed for way too long even though it was clearly made up?