I didn’t get anything done today. Nope, nothing. Well, more accurately, I got a lot of things done, but none of them are easy to prove to others. I used to feel guilty about things like this, in my pre-baby days. While I feel less guilty now, I still feel compelled to make excuses about why I didn’t manage to do a load of laundry despite being home all day. So, today, instead of giving myself excuses, I decided to write them down here.
Here are the reasons I didn’t get anything done today:
- My baby crawls really, really fast and I just chased him around all day to prevent him from hurting himself and/or the dog
- During his nap I was too tired to do anything (See point above, re chasing baby)
- It was raining
- It was too hot
- Started 4 projects and then immediately forgot about them
- Didn’t feel like cleaning
- Too tired because my baby woke up at 4 am and the dog woke up at 5
- Baby made me laugh too hard making funny noises
- Too busy taking pictures of the baby and dog
- Too busy texting the aforementioned pictures to mother and mother-in-law
- My knee hurt
- I was too hungry
- I spent an hour looking for my coffee, found it, moved it and lost it again
- I had to change the baby 3 times due to unfortunate poop incident and unfortunate sippy cup incidents
- Changed 4000 diapers
- Had to make 56363 snacks (only 1 was for me)
- Had to clean up all the snacks (The dog helped with this one.)
- Had to take the dog on a walk
- Spent 20 minutes wrestling baby to put on sunscreen for the dog’s walk
- Baby was slippery from sunscreen and fell while crawling away. He cried for 5 minutes even though he was not hurt.
- Baby spent all day trying to stick his hand up my nose. It is hard to do anything with a little finger in your nose.
- Reading cute baby stories
- Singing stupid songs (mostly made up about various things we were doing)
- Had to explain the names of all the things my son was pointing at before he lost interest and pointed at something else
- Tried to interest my son in his many toys instead of repeatedly trying to climb the stairs or play with the dog’s water dish
- Tried to teach the baby to play fetch with the dog…and succeeded!
- Tried to do a sit-up
- Had to lie down from trying to do a sit-up
- Had to stop baby from trying to eat dog kibble
- Had to stop dog from trying to eat baby rice crackers
- Had to eat my food alone in the closet
- Had to pee
- Had to text my husband about what he wanted to eat for dinner.
- I remembered I had a hammock and lied in it for 5 minutes
- Watched the baby nap
- Dog fell asleep on my foot
Oh, and this:
Okay, maybe I got a couple things done after all! What prevented you from getting things done today?
Display Photo via VisualHunt